Thursday 12 March 2009

'Queue' #1, and 'Smaug' #2

When D got up this morning I hesitantly showed him my developing Smaug, and fortunately he quickly recognised the scene.
At breakfast it appeared he had been similarly inspired, as he brought down one of Grandma's old 'Ant and Bee' books and showed me the picture he had decided he would like to have a go at, all by himself. (Grandma keeps cropping up here doesn't she!) It is really a very nice picture of a queue (it being an alphabet book), makes me think of some of those Turner pictures with little grim people stomping about. So after breakfast he got going with Grandma's oil pastels too, and seemed to enjoy their nice consistency. This is where he got to before having to get ready for school.

When we got to school I realised he had black smudge of oil pastel on his cheek which made him look like a little chimney sweep. Never mind.

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic queue picture. they look like they are wearing Queue Shoes! I also like Smaug's tail.

    ReplyDelete